Take your favourite ‘chunky monkey’ ice-cream and give it a healthy twist by using our cashew paste. You can mix in anything you like such as our nuts, berries, cacao nibs or even our coconut sugar sweetened chocolate drops for the ultimate ice cream!
- 3 large very ripe frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup cashew paste
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbs maca powder (optional for an extra boost)
- 1/2 cup mix-ins – we used crushed walnuts and cacao nibs (try other nuts, berries or chocolate drops)
- A small splash of non-dairy milk if needed to help blend (works great with our coconut milk)
- A few drops of agave syrup (optional- if needed to increase sweetness)
Blend the banana, vanilla, maca and cashew paste until very smooth, adding a tiny splash of milk if needed to help blend (not too much or the mixture will turn to liquid). Taste the mixture and if you want a sweeter ice cream add a little agave syrup.
Either pulse through in a blender or mix through by hand, adding in your mix-ins last. Best served immediately from the blender for a (very) soft serve or place in a container in the freezer to freeze before serving.
*Note – you will need a good powerful blender to make the instant ice cream, if using a regular blender use unfrozen bananas, blend all the ingredients and place in the freezer to freeze fully before serving.
GRAB THE INGREDIENTS