Trailmix cookies are incredibly versatile. Using oats as a base, they could just as easily be baked into a square tin and sliced into flapjack-style bars.
This weeks newsletter shares lots of offers on a range of our products, perfect for adding to your ‘trail’ cookies and bars.
Follow this recipe or make it your own with any mix-ins of choice!
The cookies freeze well either pre-baked or as a raw mix for future baking. So you’ll always have nutritious cookies and bars to hand.
Recipe: Trail Mix Cookies & Bars
Makes approx. 15 cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal fine ground ‘flour’ (e.g regular flour or spelt gluten free or another grain or ground nuts)
- 1 tsp cinnamon/ginger/mixed spice/vanilla (choose one)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tbs cocoa powder (optional for a chocolate variety or use extra flour)
- 1/2 cup agave syrup or coconut syrup
- 2 tbs coconut oil – melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit
- 2 tbs dark chocolate drops or cacoa nibs (optional)
- up to 1/4 cup water as needed to create a thick spoonable batter
Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients to the dry adding as much water as necessary to achieve a thick batter. Add the nuts/fruit/chocolate last.
Press spoonfuls of the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing down firmly with a wet palm or the back of a spoon, as these cookies do not spread.
Bake at 180C for 8-10 mins or until just beginning to brown on top.