Did you know we currently stock 8 gluten free flours that are not made from nuts? They are not your standard gluten free flours stocked…Continue reading
WHO WE ARE?
We are a family run “real” food business based in East Lothian, Scotland! So what is real food? While there’s lots of debate, in our opinion real foods are minimally processed, as close to their natural state without artificial sweeteners, preservatives and other nasties and preferably organic. However, we do live in a modern world and we realise convenience is important!
We source superb real foods from around the world and make them available at the best possible prices online. We create unique, highly nutritious convenient food products from the same real food ingredients we source and sell.
We work hard to make it easier to avoid overly processed and highly refined foods full of undesirable additives and we firmly believe that healthy eating should be affordable for everyone, it’s why we started the company back in 2011!
- Our products are the best we can create and ethically source from farms and suppliers around the world. We only buy from those we trust.
- Most of our products are certified organic and if not organic, the best conventional equivalent we can find. Organic certification is your guarantee that all due diligence throughout the supply chain has been performed to ensure the organic integrity of both company and product. The RealFoodSource and it’s organic products are certified by the Organic Food Federation.
- Currently all our products are gluten free.
- The products we create are the best we can make them. We develop them with a no compromise approach, using only the very best ingredients and never adding any fillers, unnatural flavourings, artificial sweeteners, preservatives or nasties to increase margin or shelf life. For example, we only sweeten and flavour our Chia Berry Boost Porridge with 100% goji and crumbled mulberries. In addition, you can create all our of the convenience products we sell with the base real food ingredients we also sell, we’ve got nothing to hide!
- We don’t focus on fancy packaging or expensive marketing. This is why you’ll find our products often at a fraction of the price of similar products available from other retailers. We will never use celebrity endorsement, collaborations or tenuous health claims to up sell our products. We are not driven by profit.
HEALTHY EATING MADE EASY FOR EVERYONE
We also offer recipes, ideas and tips for using our products that include those with allergies, food intolerances or specific dietary requirements so that everyone can enjoy a healthy diet and find it easier to avoid processed and highly refined foods. We are dietary agnostic but we share vegan, paleo, low carb, vegetarian and non vegetarian, high fat, low fat and dairy free recipes so there’s something for everyone, all our recipes are currently gluten free. We invest in creating wonderful recipe ebooks that show simple, easy ways to use our real foods and give them away for free on our website.
OUR ASPIRATION – CHALLENGING THE FOOD INDUSTRY TO BE BETTER
We only provide real, honest food facts. We don’t use unnecessary food marketing hype, tenuous health claims and fancy packaging just to gain sales. You will never find our products called “Superfoods” for example, even though that’s a large part of the product range we sell! We also go against the grain as a food company and challenge the food industry. For example in our blog we question if certain foods can ever be truly raw (if you are interested see our blog for more details!).
We also dislike food waste and make it our priority to keep this as low as possible both for the customer and ourselves.
We also encourage our customers to do their own independent research on the health benefits of our products we sell as we believe the best way to change the food industry for the better is from having more informed consumers.
Each day we aspire to always be an ethical, trusted source of the best real foods at the very best prices.